Looking to spice up your BBQ, tailgate, or picnic with a new dish? Try this delicios Poblano Potato Salad recipe submitted by HerGameLife reader Danielle Pugliese. You can follow her on twitter at @daniele_michele.
- 2 pounds baby red or new potatoes, cut into 1/2 to 1-inch pieces
- 3 ears fresh corn, husks and silks removed
- 2 poblano chiles, charred, peeled, stemmed, seeded, and chopped (see Cook’s Note)
- 1 cup chopped scallions (white and pale green parts only)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Put the potatoes in a large pot and add salted water to cover. Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook until tender when pierced with a knife, about 20 to 30 minutes. Drain the potatoes and let cool slightly.
Meanwhile, preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Add the corn to the grill and cook, turning occasionally, until evenly browned on all sides, about 10 minutes.
Put the potatoes in a large serving bowl. Using a sharp knife, carefully cut the kernels off the cobs and add them to the bowl. Add the poblano chiles, scallions, sour cream, mayonnaise, and cilantro, and fold together. Season the potato salad, to taste, with salt and pepper