It’s the inevitable, depressing week that likes to show its pesky face every year – your team’s bye week. Sunday just isn’t as sunny, and the other NFL games seem to rub it in your face. As Peyton Manning and the Broncos take some much needed rest after their miracle comeback against the Chargers, here are some ways to keep you occupied on your football-less Sunday.
- Take a hike up one of Colorado’s many beautiful trails. One of my favorite, and most accessible, trails is Lair O’ The Bear on Highway 74 just past Morrison. It has a relaxing, non-strenuous path that runs along Bear Creek, and if you’re feeling a little more adventurous, you can take the rest of the hike up the side of the mountain. If you’re not a Coloradan, find a walking trail or nice park and get outside before the snow comes!
- Find an outdoor, unique shopping area. We can easily get caught up in the convenience of Target, Old Navy or any of our favorite chain stores, but there are so many locally-owned boutiques just clamoring for your attention! So get rid of that big, red shopping cart and do some research on shopping districts in your area. One of my favorite spots in Denver is Old South Pearl Street in the Washington Park neighborhood. From bakeries to flower shops to clothing, there is something for all of your needs and desires! My favorite store? The Ruffly Rose.
- Grab a good book and head to your nearest coffee shop. This has got to be one of my favorite pass-times (after football, of course!). Some of my chosen spots include Solid Grounds Coffeehouse in Littleton, Wash Perk in the Wash Park neighborhood and 303 Coffee Company in Centennial.
- Take an afternoon snooze. There is nothing better than hunkering down on the couch with a blanket, a pillow and the sound of football in the background to carry you into a comatose state of sleep.
- Clean, clean, clean. I know it sounds crazy, but it feels so good to finally get the house in order after a week of busyness and constant motion. So pick up the vacuum, crank some tunes and get cleaning!