Dannell Ellerbe joined the Baltimore Ravens as an undrafted free-agent in 2009. Unlike most rookies, the former Georgia Bulldog made his presence known immediately. He was the only rookie free-agent to make the opening day 53 man roster. During the 2011 season, Ellerbe got a chance to start after future Hall of Famer Ray Lewis went down from a toe injury. Now in his fourth year, Ellerbe finds himself having to fill those shoes again after Lewis went down with a tricep injury. With his speed and ability to make big plays in passing situations, Ellerbe is already a step ahead. In person he appears very humble and you can see a new level of maturity. I was at the Lardarius Webb show a few weeks ago and the workers were blocking the fans from getting close to Ellerbe. I overheard him politely ask the worker to move so that he could take pictures and sign autographs for the fans. He also holds a special place in my heart as we share the same birthdate, November 29th.
1. What are you listening to in your iPod? Rocko- WordPlay, Yo Gotti- CM7, Gucci Mane-Trap God, Kendrick Lamar- Good Kid M.A.A.D City, Wiz Khalifa- Cabin Fever 2
2. What is the latest gadget you’ve bought? A Game Ready which is a compression machine that ices you also
3. What is your favorite vacation spot? Favorite vacation spot so far has to be Trinidad
4. What are the best gifts you’ve received and given? Money & Money lol
5. What is your favorite restaurant/bar/lounge in your team’s city? Buffalo Wild Wings
6. What are your proudest moments on and off the field? Proudest moment on the field was making All-SEC honors my junior year in college. Off the field would be graduating college.
7. If you weren’t in the NFL, what would you be doing? If I weren’t in the League I don’t know what I would be doing.
You can follow Dannell Ellerbe on twitter @ellerbe59 and don’t forget to wish him a Happy Birthday.