Whenever I’m at a BBQ or maybe catering an event where kabobs are or any type of skewered meat, people seem to lose their lids over them. Why? Well…because, – Everyone Loves Chicken on a Stick!!! Its easy to eat and fun. A perfect addition to your sports party or any party for that matter.
I don’t have too much rhetoric or banter today about “Chicken on a Stick”…so I’ll go right into the recipe.
NOTE: My recipes aren’t written in stone. See an ingredient you like…keep it! Not really feeling something…take it out and/or replace it. This is, of course, at YOUR OWN DISCRETION
CHICKEN SATAY…according to me!
What you will need…….
2# Chicken (Boneless, Skinless Breast or Thighs)
4x Garlic Cloves
2x Lemon Grass ( Sliced thin)
1pc Ginger (Sliced thin)
1x Leek (Washed and Sliced thin)
½ Jalapeño (Sliced..Seeds an all)
TT Ground Coriander
TT Red Pepper Flakes
1c Soy Sauce
½c Fish Sauce
½c Brown Sugar
TT Olive Oil
** Wooden Skewers ( Soaked in water)
Want to make a Glaze? Ok…
2c Soy Sauce
1c Brown Sugar
What you need to do…..
1. Slice the chicken into thin (not too thin..because you need to be able to skewer them) and set aside (refrigerate).
2. Take all other ingredients and blend them in a food processor.
3. Don’t have a food processor? No problem ! Just chop up all ingredients finely and mix together.
4. TASTE IT! Too salty..add more sugar. Too sweet…add more soy. Etc..Etc..
5. Pour over chicken and mix.
6. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hrs and up to 2 days. The longer, the better.
8. Cook it. Either on a grill 2-5 minutes each side. Or…place in a hot oven 400 degrees 5-8 minutes or until its cooked.
Note: Don’t go by time..more so, go by the doneness of the meat. Salmonella is REAL!!
9. FOR THE GLAZE….Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan and reduce. TASTE IT! Adjust it as needed.
10. Brush the chicken skewers with the glaze.
11. Bon A Petit!!!